Opposite the mineral collection, two attractive wooden tables with a mosaic on their upper surfaces are on display. The polished slabs of minerals and rocks belong to the Palnstorf collection of minerals and rocks. Jožef Palnstorf was a senior civil servant in the former Duchy of Carniola. He took an interest in natural sciences, particularly mineralogy. His collection of minerals and rocks comprises 1,330 square-shaped polished rock slabs and 2,419 mineral slabs. The second owner of his collection was Friderik Rudež, a nobleman and proprietor. At the turn of 1831, he donated the collection to the former Provincial Museum in Ljubljana. The president of the museum curatorship at that time, Count Franz Jožef Hanibal Hohenwart, placed an order for two wooden Biedermeier tables, which were eventually made with 393 slabs of minerals and rocks from the Palnstorf collection. The mosaic of slabs on the upper sides of both tables consists of selected polished mineral and rock slabs. Among the minerals are lapis lazuli, lepidolite, calcite, amethyst and labradorite. Rocks are numerically superior. There are several limestones with different fossils as well as few conglomerates and breccias. Of the metamorphic rocks, let us mention marbles, but there are a few igneous rocks as well.